Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday Outreach Booth called off....

Well, folks, the enthusiasm which greeted this idea at the meeting did not actually translate into any offers of ideas or volunteers so I have to call it off. I didn't want to put anymore time into it until I got some help, so I'm only out an hour or two and a few pulled strings. If anyone is interested in this kind of thing in the future, let me know. I'm willing to put a lot of effort into this group, but I'm no martyr and I'm just as busy as everyone else. Sorry it didn't work out this time.

I also got some ideas for volunteerism we could do as a group which I'll post here later as well as a topic for the next meetup which I haven't even considered yet. Discussion ideas, as always, are welcome.

Oh by the way my phone died in a bizarre gardening accident and I won't have a new one till Wednesday or Thursday so I can't get calls or texts till then. Email or FB pleez.
Amber

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to add that I know this was very short notice and some people may have intended to show up but not gotten the chance to volunteer yet. This wasn't really the issue and I'm not blaming anyone for not signing up quickly.

    The issue was that there was a lot of preparation that had to be done that would have taken a few people several hours to accomplish and with the end of the weekend so ended any time I had to work on it. We'll get stuff prepped for future events so this won't be a problem - still looking for ideas/literature/art/etc!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete